Colefax & Fowler: An Introduction
Colefax and Fowler is a British luxury home furnishings brand specialising in fabrics, wallpapers, and upholstery. The company was founded in the 1930s by Nancy Lancaster, and it quickly gained a reputation for its high-quality, traditional designs and luxurious materials. Today, Colefax and Fowler’s fabrics are known for their classic patterns, rich colours, and premium quality. They are used in many home decorating projects, from curtains and upholstery to bedding and accessories. The brand is known for its traditional and timeless designs.
Colefax & Fowler Fabrics
Colefax and Fowler offer a wide range of fabric options for curtains, including:
- Linen: A natural, breathable fabric that is perfect for creating light and airy curtains. Linen is durable and easy to care for, making it a popular choice for residential and commercial spaces.
- Velvet: A luxurious, soft, and rich fabric that adds a touch of elegance and warmth to any room. Velvet curtains are perfect for creating a cosy and inviting atmosphere.
- Cotton: A versatile and durable fabric that is perfect for creating crisp and clean curtains. Cotton is easy to care for and comes in various colours and patterns.
- Silk: A natural, lightweight, and elegant fabric that adds a touch of glamour to any room. Silk curtains are perfect for creating a sophisticated and refined look.
- Damask: A traditional fabric characterised by its reversible jacquard pattern, Damask is a luxurious and elegant fabric that adds a touch of class to any room.
- Wools: These are perfect for creating warm and inviting curtains for colder climates. They come in a variety of textures and weights.
Colefax & Fowler Collections
Colefax and Fowler offer various styles, patterns, and colour collections. Some of the company’s most popular collections include:
- Classic: This collection features traditional designs and patterns, such as paisley, florals, and stripes, in timeless colours.
- Country: This collection features rustic, country-inspired designs, such as plaids, checks, and gingham, in warm and inviting colours.
- Modern: This collection features contemporary designs and patterns, such as geometric shapes and bold prints, in bright and vibrant colours.
- Pure: This collection features simple, clean-lined designs, such as solids and stripes, in neutral and muted colours.
- Designer: This collection features exclusive designs and patterns created in collaboration with renowned designers in unique and striking colour combinations.
- Silk: This collection features fabrics made of silk, perfect for luxurious and elegant curtains and upholstery.
These collections may change over time, and it’s best to check Colefax and Fowler’s website for the most updated collections or visit Wooster Interiors showroom.
Colefax & Fowler Designer Collections
Colefax and Fowler have collaborated with several well-known designers to create exclusive collections of fabrics and wallpapers. Some of the designers that the company has collaborated with include:
- David Hicks: A British interior designer known for his bold use of colour and geometric patterns. Hicks worked with Colefax and Fowler to create a range of fabrics and wallpapers in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Nina Campbell: A British interior designer known for her traditional yet contemporary designs. Campbell has collaborated with Colefax and Fowler to create a range of fabrics and wallpapers, many of which feature her signature use of bold patterns and bright colours.
- Christian Lacroix: A French fashion designer known for his use of bold colours and extravagant patterns. Lacroix has collaborated with Colefax and Fowler to create a range of fabrics and wallpapers that feature his signature use of bold graphic designs.
- Ralph Lauren: An American fashion designer known for his preppy, all-American style. Lauren has collaborated with Colefax and Fowler to create a range of fabrics and wallpapers that feature his signature use of classic patterns and rich colours.
- Matthew Williamson: A British fashion designer known for his use of bright colours and bold patterns. Williamson has collaborated with Colefax and Fowler to create a range of fabrics and wallpapers that feature his signature use of bold graphic designs.
Colefax & Fowler Fabric Prints
Colefax and Fowler offer a wide range of fabric prints that include traditional, timeless designs and contemporary and modern patterns. Some of the most popular fabric prints that the company offers include:
- Florals: Colefax and Fowler’s floral prints include traditional patterns such as roses, peonies and hydrangeas, as well as more contemporary designs featuring bold, oversized blooms.
- Stripes: Colefax and Fowler’s stripe prints include classic, traditional designs as well as more modern stripes with bold colours and graphic patterns.
- Paisleys: Colefax and Fowler’s paisley prints feature traditional, ornate designs in rich colours, perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room.
- Damasks: Colefax and Fowler’s Damask prints feature traditional, reversible jacquard patterns, perfect for adding a touch of luxury to any room.
- Geometrics: Colefax and Fowler’s geometric prints feature bold, modern designs in bright colours, perfect for adding a touch of contemporary style to any room.
- Plaids: Colefax and Fowler’s plaids prints feature classic, traditional designs in warm colours, perfect for adding a touch of rustic, country style to any room.
- Solids: Colefax and Fowler’s solid prints feature simple, clean-lined designs in neutral and muted colours, perfect for creating a timeless, elegant look.
Colefax & Fowler Fabric FAQs
What type of fabric should I use for my curtains?
The best fabric for curtains depends on the room and the desired look. For example, linen is perfect for creating light and airy curtains, while velvet is perfect for creating a cosy and inviting atmosphere.
Are Colefax and Fowler fabrics expensive?
The cost of Colefax and Fowler fabrics can vary depending on the type of fabric, the design, and the quantity. In general, the materials are considered to be premium and high-end and may be more expensive than some other brands, but the quality and reputation of the brand make it worth the investment.
How do I care for my Colefax and Fowler fabrics?
Care instructions for Colefax and Fowler fabrics will vary depending on the type of fabric.
Can I order custom sizes or finishes for my Colefax and Fowler fabrics?
Yes, Colefax and Fowler offer custom sizes and finishes for their fabrics; please get in touch with Woosters Interiors.
Where can I buy Colefax and Fowler fabrics?
Colefax and Fowler fabrics can be purchased through the company’s website and authorized retailers like Woosters Interiors.
Are Colefax and Fowler fabrics suitable for outdoor use?
The suitability of Colefax and Fowler fabrics for outdoor use will depend on the type of fabric. Some materials, such as cotton, may be suitable for outdoor use, while others, such as silk, may not be. It is best to check the care label or consult the company’s website for specific recommendations on suitability for outdoor use.
Why Colefax & Fowler?
People choose Colefax and Fowler fabrics for their curtains for a variety of reasons, including:
- Quality: Colefax and Fowler fabrics are known for their high quality, luxurious materials and expert craftsmanship. The fabrics are durable, long-lasting and have a premium feel to them.
- Design: The company’s fabrics feature a wide range of traditional and timeless designs, patterns, and colours, making it easy to find the perfect match for any decorating style.
- Reputation: The brand has a long-standing reputation for producing high-quality home furnishings, and its fabrics are no exception. Many people choose Colefax and Fowler fabrics for their curtains because of the company’s reputation for excellence.
- Versatility: The company’s fabrics come in a wide variety of types, styles, colours and patterns, making it easy to find the perfect match for any room, whether it’s a formal living room or bedroom.
- Customizable: The company offers a wide range of customisation options, such as custom sizes and special finishes, which makes it possible to create unique and personalised curtains to suit individual tastes and needs.
Wooster Interiors workshop and showroom is located in Brigstock, Northamptonshire and provides in-home consultations to Stamford, Kettering, Corby, Oundle, Market Harborough and Uppingham.
Wooster Interiors pride itself on having one of the largest fabrics selections in Northamptonshire: Colefax & Fowler, GP & J Baker, Jane Churchill, Clarke & Clarke, Baker Lifestyle and Sanderson, all of which can be viewed at our showroom.
- Colefax & Fowler Embroidered Curtains, Trims and Tiebacks
- Baker Lifestyle Fabric
- Clarke & Clarke Fabrics
- Jane Churchill Fabrics
- GP & J Baker Fabrics